Friday, January 21, 2011

January Spice Rack Challenge - Rosemary

I decided to join Mother's Kitchen's Spice Rack Challenge because I need a challenge to get me out of my spice rut.  I have a cupboard full of spices, but really only use 10 or so in my everyday cooking.  I'm looking forward to trying some new ones and to using familiar ones in different ways.

My recipe for this month is Roasted Whole Carrots with Rosemary.  I recently discovered that my husbian (Yes, she's the tomboyish one, lol) will eat carrots if I roast them.  What a nice and easy side dish they make!

The ingredients are:

1 bag whole carrots, NOT baby carrots
2 T olive oil - I used a lemon flavored olive oil and it was really good in this
2 T fresh Rosemary leaves, stripped from stems and lightly chopped
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Coarse Kosher salt to taste

Wash and lightly scrub the carrots.  I try to peel only the blemished spots.

Place the oil in an oven baking bag or on some aluminum foil;.  Add the carrots and the rosemary and roll around to coat.

Grind some pepper over this and add a little salt. 

Close the bag or the foil packet, place in a roasting pan and bake at 350 degrees until tender.  The time this takes will vary depending on the thickness of the carrots. 

I love this dish!  It's so pretty when you plate this up.  It smells heavenly and tastes fab.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment